28 January 2010

Insanity Workout Review-Day 4 Cardio Recovery

What a relief!

Cardio Recovery workout is a very nice workout- a cross between yoga and pilates. You get a nice burn in your legs and core with all the anaerobic moves - slow deep squats and lunges, plank work, and good stretches.

Even though there was no cardio work, my heartrate still got up to 120 bpm, which is good. What I especially liked about Shaun T is that he continually reminds you to breathe. AND he constantly explains how to have perfect form, which gets you the best results and prevents injury.

I'm really liking this workout in its totality. I haven't done all the workouts yet, but I have no doubt that I'll like them just as much. Now of course, that doesn't mean that I ENJOY the workouts-I mean, who would? I'm a total masochist and I still don't enjoy them...but I appreciate that I'm doing some hard work and should see some results. I already can feel the difference in my legs and butt, and it's only been 4 days! I'm looking forward to completing the first 14 days-I anticipate that is when I will see start seeing some serious results!

I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high, as I know that I'm pretty close to my goal weight and it might be difficult to drop those last few pounds. Having said that...even when I was a police officer and in the best shape of my life, I still weighed about 137 pounds, but that was a LOT of muscle. I didn't really do a lot of cardio in those days, I did SOME, but not as much as I could. Now, I think I could get a little leaner since I'm doing more cardio, and I can run outside more once the weather is nice (and I'm done Insanity). Now the inverse is true with the weight lifting-I don't have a gym membership anymore but I do have access to a friend's Bowflex. I've never used one before but I'm sure it's fairly simple. Even 2 workouts a week would be okay, if I do pushups and crunches and squats and lunges and such on other days.

I'm going to have a Beachbody!!

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress