26 January 2010

Insanity Workout Review-Day 2 Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Day 2 complete!

Wow. Even though I watched the workout first to get an idea of what I was in for, I totally underestimated the DIFFICULTY. Seriously-I was almost ready to quit at the end of the warm-up session. The WARM-UP, people! But I pushed through. I'm my worst critic-I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I gave up.

I did take more breaks than was given, but that's ok. I didn't expect to be able to do the whole thing. That is one difficult, high-intensity workout.

The crazy part is that when you think you're into the workout, you're not. You're just warming up. Then there is a good stretching session, and then BAM! You're doing basketball jumps, crazy pushups and more. I did take it easy on the power squats, since I have to skate tonight! Most of the time I just jogged in place if I got too tired. A few times I turned the move into a low-impact move-for example, the mountain climbing exercise, I simple did knee lifts instead of the jumping. But that's ok, I think, because I kept the movement and the momentum going.

The end comes faster than I thought it would. Even though I was wishing for the end, it still surprised me when we started into the stretching cool-down period. I guess I'm just used to 55 minute classes. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! I don't think I would have been able to do another 15-20 minutes of that!

I made salmon salad sandwiches and a big spring green salad with broccoli, red and green pepper, and a little cheese with a balsamic vinegar dressing (homemade) for lunch. I'm at about hour 2 after the workout, and I'm tired-my arms are tired and a little sore, and my legs are a LOT tired and sore. But I'm hoping that I'll warm up and loosen up once I get skating tonight. I want to be able to do all the drills required at practice. Should I find that I can't, I'll have to re-evaluate the wisdom of doing the workouts on practice day. We'll see!

I'll be making Chicken Coconut Thai Soup for dinner and then head off to roller derby practice. As I've said before, I won't be following Shaun T's nutritional plan-I don't believe that eating fat makes you fat. I don't eat many processed foods, I am trying to cut back on my carbs, and I'm increasing my water consumption. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress