25 January 2010

Insanity Workout Review-Day 1 Fit Test

Wow. Ok, I must admit something. When I was looking into getting the Insanity Workout with Shaun T, I read some guy's blog where he reviewed the entire program. His first workout, the Fit Test, he talked about how he puked afterwards. I laughed. I scoffed. I thought, "I won't puke". HA! Well, let me tell you, I came pretty darned close.

For anyone who isn't interested in workout videos, cardio programs, or anything like that, stop reading. This is a 60-day program designed to improve cardio health and give a ripped body. So if you don't want to read about my progress, don't read any blog entries that start with "Insanity Workout Review...".

I will NOT be following the nutrition plan, I'm just doing the workouts.

All right. So onto today's review and my fitness test results. Keep in mind you do the Fit test every 2 weeks so you can compare your results and track improvement. Once you get into Month 2, you do your Fit Test AND a workout every two weeks. ARGH!

Basically the fit test is in a few sections. First you do a warm up (holy smokes it's like a workout all on it's own), then you stretch, then you get a very short break to get a pen and paper and he explains the first exercise. Then you get a minute to do as many of those exercises as you can, using proper form. Correct form is very important. It's better to do 5 in proper form than 15 in poor form. Poor form causes injury and you don't get the benefits of the exercise.

After each set of 1-minute exercises you get a short break where he explains the next set. Trust me, you want this little break, especially toward the end when you are at muscle fatigue and don't think you can stand up, let alone do another set of exercises.

Here are my results for my Day 1 Fit Test:
Switch Kicks: 80
Power Jacks 37
Power Knee 77
Power Jump 25
Globe Jumps 7
Suicide Jumps 16
Pushup Jacks 10 (and then I did 10 girl-style pushups)
Low Plank Obliques 45

When I finished, I felt fine. Tired, but fine. And then about 5 minutes later, after doing my measurements, I started to feel queasy. So queasy, in fact, that I was sure I was going to throw up and spent the next 5 minutes in the bathroom doing deep breathing exercises. I didn't end up vomiting, but it was close. As I said before, next time I will do the workouts on an empty stomach. Definitely no coffee right before!

I'm looking forward to the next 60 days or so. It will be interesting to see the types of changes this exercise program brings, especially considering I will be following a high-fat diet. I don't really intend to change my eating habits, except for maybe trying to reduce my carb intake further.

Oh-and I will weigh myself once a week on Mondays and post gains or losses instead of posting my weight and measurements.

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress