08 December 2008

Did You Say "Fudge?"

I'm sorry, you must have me mistaken with someone who can make fudge. I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to make fudge and other goodies to give as gifts this year. Today was my second failed attempt.

My first batch was supposed to be maple. I used a 5 out of 5 stars Maple recipe from recipezaar. The second, an award-winning peanut butter recipe.

I followed both recipes exactly, yet they both failed. Abysmally.

My maple batch didn't harden and was more like pulled taffy-before you pull it.

The peanut butter batch I made today is like....well, I think it would have worked with less peanut butter. It's really crumbly and soft. Kind of like really old cheese. It tastes fantastic, but it just isn't right.

Dare I try again?

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress