01 February 2010

Insanity Workout Review-Week 2 Day 1 Cardio Power and Resistance

Wow! Only one week completed and I feel the results already! I feel like I'm working harder and jumping higher on all exercises. This is great!

I really felt this workout today. Last week, the first time I did it, I felt like it wasn't as much of a workout as the Plyo Cardio Circuit-but today I pushed myself just that little bit more and really noticed the increased heartrate. I maxed out my heartrate at about 162 bpm, which is on the high side, but when I noticed it that high I backed off a bit. I figure I burned about 400 calories today, just with Insanity! Then I did an abs workout.

I had some soaked rolled oats for breakfast-last night I splashed some whey into some oats and added water, then put it into the fridge for the night. Soaking grains reduces the phytic acid and improves the nutrient content. The great thing about oatmeal is that it fills you up, but is low in calories. I added some organic raspberry jam (low sugar) and the entire meal was only 135 calories-and tasty, too! Oatmeal also helps reduce cholesterol. Now I'll have some eggs scrambled with some peppers and onions and mushrooms, and half a bagel with some labneh (yogurt cheese) for some protein and good fat.

I'm really happy that the muscle soreness has departed, for the most part. I did experience some tightness in my left calf this morning, but since the workout it seems to have loosened up, thankfully. I've always had issues with calf muscles being too tight, and spasming at night-not fun! I think the biggest issue was my lack of stretching after exercise, but I'm trying to do that really well now. Now if I can remember to stretch after derby practice!

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress