06 April 2010

Rainy Days = Sewing Days

With a daughter (and a dog) who LOVES to be outside, from morning until night, sewing all day just isn't possible. I got practically nothing done all last week due to the nice weather.

Today I woke to overcast skies and intermittent showers. Yay! Normally I wouldn't be happy about that, but I really have been itching to get at the sewing projects again. I have several things on the back burner, and need to get more done on the commission work.

I still have 2 dresses to make, then possibly another 2 in pillowcase style. I got one kid's tie done and might do another. I also have 2 more tie orders that need to get finished-they are cut out but not sewn.

On top of all that, I have some sewing for ME that I'd like to get done. I started the "Maternity or Not Frock" (definitely NOT) and a tube top that I'll be making. I'd love to make some summery skirts, too. I have a couple pairs of shorts, but I really like skirts for the summer. I find as I get older, I prefer to dress in a more modest manner, and one more suitable for my age. Just because I have the legs of a 20 year old, doesn't mean I need to show them!!! I do wear longer shorts that have a hem closer to my knee. I have some shorter shorts but don't know if I will wear them that much.

I've been working on the Etsy shop. I need to get my items re-photographed with better lighting and consistency. I also need to plan what items I will be featuring in my shop, and plan for expansion. I love making zippered pouches and they are relatively inexpensive. The best part about them is that they don't take a lot of fabric, so I can make them with scraps from other projects and turn little pieces of fabric into gorgeous accessories.

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress