07 April 2010

New Look #6954

Yet another dress finished for the commission. This is New Look #6954, View A, Size Small. The dress is made from a cotton/poly broadcloth in a rusty orange colour. The original pattern didn't have the flower embellishment, but there was a View B overdress that had 2 flowers on the skirt. I took one of those flowers and placed in on the bodice of my dress, and added an adorable orange button with vintage-y flowers stamped on it. The cream fabric is a cream-on-cream dahlia print. I like it.

This dress took me only a few hours to make. I started it yesterday and completed it this morning. I am not 100% finished, but the only thing remaining is to sew on the hook and eye closure. I will do that as soon as I find my hook and eyes. ;)

This pattern was a little frustrating. I disliked the way they instructed I attach the sleeves, and the zipper instructions were confusing. So I did them my way. In addition, the sleeves aren't gathered enough at the top of the shoulder where it attaches to the dress. If I were to make this dress again, I would use the sleeves from the next size up to add volume in the shoulders. I realize that the pattern doesn't really have gathered sleeves, so it's not a problem with the pattern.

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress