01 August 2009

Weight Loss-The Easy Way

Some of you may have noticed I have a weight loss ticker up there at the top centre of my blog. It says I've lost 8 lbs so far. And before you go thinking I'm talking about baby weight, I'm not-I dropped that about 3 weeks after I had D. Go ahead, hate me if you want.

No, the weight I need to lose is from BEFORE I got pregnant. I was fat when I got married. Okay, maybe not fat compared to some people's standards, but I was fat for ME. I hit a major depression when I jumped on the scales 3 weeks after our wedding and saw it read...172 pounds. At just over 5 and a half feet, that's crazy. Especially since my ideal weight is about 135. That's almost 40 pounds over, for those who feel they need a number. Ouch.

After I had D, I went down to about 168, and have gone down somewhat steadily, then plateaued around 160. Still waaay too high. So when a couple friends and I decided to enter into a weight loss challenge, I figured I'd have no problems, and all that. Yeah, right. I lost a pound, I gained it back, etc. This went on for 2 months. Then I started on the Real Food path. Yep, here I go, talking about Real Food again.

In any case, since that day about a week and a half ago, I have lost 4 pounds. 4 pounds, and all I've done is started drinking real milk (whole milk, with all the cream still in it), eating yogurt I made from the real milk, and trying to eat healthier foods. I eat a LOT of chickpeas, lots of fruits and veggies, and a little meat. Usually 3 oz or less a day. (That's more because we can't afford more, but whatever.) Does it strike you as odd that I've begun eating MORE fat and am losing weight? Huh.

I try to avoid foods that have HFCS, inordinate amounts of sugar, vegetable oils, and other processed crap. About the only processed foods I've eaten in the last few days are organic stoned wheat crackers (and not that many) and packaged gravy (ew, I know, terrible stuff).

I feel pretty good. You can really tell by looking at my face that I have lost weight. I like that my clothes are fitting better, I've put clothes on that I haven't worn in years, and am looking forward to trying on more of my "skinny" clothes. I have drawers and a box full of clothes that were/are too small for me. I have gotten RID of boxes of clothes that I thought would never fit again! I think I donated all of my skinniest clothes, with the idea that I would never fit into them again. But lately, I've started to believe that it might be possible for me to get back down to my ideal weight yet again.

I don't think that I'll ever be as skinny as I was once-at one point, at the end of college and right before I started working as a police officer, I was a very skinny 127 pounds. That is far too thin, for me, as I tend to be muscular and fit. My hipbones stick out really far when I get below 135, and anything below 133 is crazy. My body likes being about 135-that is, if I get moderate amounts of exercise and eat properly.

I will start walking regularly again - we haven't been, in about a week, because of our schedule, the rain, and other reasons. I would love to start running again. I really miss it. My only problem is finding the time. I am loathe to give up my sleep in the mornings, but it might be the only way I can get out. Even if I went for short runs, that would help. Weight training at the gym would be a huge help also, especially in getting my metabolism going again. I miss my muscles. And I think my husband does too.

I am looking forward to getting out and about, getting the dog some extra exercise, and enjoying the rest of the summer. Can you believe it's the first of August??? I will be 32 in 25 days, and I'd like to weigh less than 150 pounds. That would be nice. I'd say I'd like to weigh less than 140 pounds, but that would be pushing it. I'll be realistic.

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress