24 November 2008

Ebooks

Save trees, save money!
Have you ever wandered into a Chapters bookstore and looked around and pictured all of the trees that were massacred in order to stock the shelves?

There are a few options for those who want to change the face of reading and help save trees. The first is a digital ebook reader, like the one Oprah raves about. Then there's ecoBrain. EcoBrain is an option where you pay less than you would for a paper book, then download it to your laptop, desktop, whatever. Then you can take it anywhere you want!

Hop on over to Healthy Green Moms and read her latest blog entry on ecoBrain. They're giving away a free eBook called Radical Simplicity: Small Footprints on a Finite Earth. The contest is open until Friday Nov 28th.

Monica, the writer of the post over on Healthy Green Moms, talks about the books she hauls around every time she moves. Boy oh boy can I ever empathise with that! I've moved 11 times in less than 10 years, and each time, about 10 or more boxes are books. That's heavy, heavy work. Not only that, but the bookshelves required to house all those books are made of...you got it - wood.

Hop on over to Healthy Green Moms and check out the contest. And who knows, maybe you'll win! Let me know if you do!

1 comment:

MommyAmandaK said...

I'm not big on e-books, but I do love audio books! When I get em on iTunes or even better for free then they're saved on my harddrive and save the trees and my eyes! :) I love reading, but it's hard to find the time. I listen while I drive, run errands, do house work, etc.

My Weightloss Progress