11 March 2010

MAY 1-7, 2010 = Spring Top Week

I've joined another challenge. And this one isn't about reducing your paper towel consumption, or replacing all your regular lightbulbs with CFLs. No, this is a sewing challenge. A TOP sewing challenge, to be precise. Made by Rae has issued a Spring Top Week challenge. Go over to see the details if you're interested!

Anyone who knows me will be aware that I've been in a bit of a sewing frenzy, lately. I've made D halter tops, 2 sun dresses, and about a billion pairs of pants. Well, that "sewing for someone else" phase is over, for now. I will attempt to make myself not one, but several shirts. Nice light summery shirts, and maybe a dressy one or two. We'll see.

In any case, I started my first one last night. True to form, I don't actually have a pattern, but will be using a tutorial I found online (actually my friend found it for me). Here is the link to the pattern. I've picked my fabric and got started on it last night. I'll use a lovely cream on cream dahlia print for the straps and (in typical me fashion) army green (ish) for the body of the shirt. We'll see how it turns out!

To cement the deal, I have challenged my friend Melanie to a little challenge of our own: we'll each wear a top of our making on our IKEA day trip we're doing the first week of April. I've thrown down the gauntlet!

No comments:

My Weightloss Progress